Friday, September 10, 2010

Friends

I met my good friend Susanna for breakfast today.   Normally that would be not so blog worthy.  right?
However, Susanna lives in California and was on her way to Istanbul, Turkey.  She had a 3.5 hour layover in Memphis.  I just moved here a little more than a week ago.  What are the odds of that happening?

Since we drove here, I'd not been to the Memphis airport.  Did you know it only has one terminal.  Just 1, come on, even good ol' Ontario airport has 2.   :-)

Our choices for breakfast were limited, given the size of the airport and we ended up at a local fast food chain.  As soon as we walked up the cashier asked "Are ya'll Spanish?"  meaning do we speak Spanish and are we Latina's.  Then she proceeded to recite all the Spanish 101 words she'd learned in school.  (hola Senoritas, uno, dos, tres, cuatro......)  haa haa that was fun.  She was so sweet, she came to check on us several times and chat.  Her name is Precious, she's lived in TN since she was 14, has a 3 year old boy and is looking for another job.   Yup, we learned all that. She also invited herself over my house for a good Mexican dinner and offered to bring cheesecake.  Talk about Southern friendliness.

I had a blast catching up with my BFF.  So.. so glad I got to see her.  She brought a little bit of home to the South.

5 comments:

La Chola said...

I still say you should rock the gold and tight close and call your self, "G-LO."

Party of Three said...

Tight close... why cause Rolls are in?

Anonymous said...

Yay Precious. Boo Suzoo. Yes, I'm a hater. MINA

Party of Three said...

Mina is funny, she was being a hater because you had a lay-over. We'll have to plan a trip when you're both here. imagine how much fun we will have

Flower Pot said...

No ofsense SuZoo but Im gabs BFF. That lady sounds nice. Your exotic there sister. Here in AZ they want us out and in TN they want to come over..what a difference a few states make. I think I like TN better.