I'm back in Memphis. I started to say home, but home is still AZ. :-)
Day 1: MEM to PHX. At the airport I started to feel a slight burn on my throat. the kind that lets you know a cold is coming. Arrghh... I haven't had a cold in almost 3 years. why now? Finally, I get to Phoenix and Vero and Dad picked me up. We drove to the best bakery in Phoenix. It was bread heaven. Then home to see my mama. She had chilaquiles, re-fried beans and queso fresco waiting for me. ahhhh... I make no apologies for eating half of the entire pan.
 |
| My parents AZ home |
Day 2: My birthday! Many... many years have passed since I was born. enough said. I stayed at my sisters house. She woke me up early and asked me to pack my bathing suit and some toiletries. We went to breakfast and she drove me to the Wigwam resort for a spa day. Vero, is seriously the best gift giver ever. why, well because she "listens". The resort is less than 3 miles from my AZ home, yet I never went. It's a beautiful spa. I was greeted at the door, and led to the dressing area. After getting a tour of the facility I was led to my massage room and full manicure. I was so relaxed after all the pampering I laid by the pool with out a care in the world. We took our time and made it back to our parents just in time to greet the cutest niece and nephew ever. They drove from Cali just to see me. Is that love or what? I must say it kind of freaks me out that my nephew is so grown. We celebrated by having a late lunch at my favorite pizza place, then back to my parents for cake and many candles.
 |
| No caption needed :-) |
 |
| M&M (Mari and Mandy) |
Day 3: Stinkin cold, tried to hold me down... it almost had me and I got back up. We went to the Dia de los muertos festival. Then home to get ready for the Halloween party. I love Halloween, and they all humored me by dressing up. First prize went to Frida Kahlo (Mari) and Cutest went to the Dinosaur (Matthew). Mom did a great job on the pozole and Honey surprised us all with his baking skills.
 |
| Frida |
 |
| Matthew the Dinosour. love him |
 |
| Honey's creation |
Day 4: Is it really almost time to go... Noooo! I went to Church with my sister Mari. The service was great and had a wonderful message. After church, we had lunch and went to the mall. Mari had things to do and dropped me off at my a parents. The city of Goodyear does a great job organizing events. The wigwam resort hosted a free concert in the lawn. We took our lawn chairs and dad had a nice glass of merlot. Then back to their house for homemade tamales. I have no regrets at the amount of food I ate. My only regret is my stomach filled up too quickly. Man , those were so good. We worked off dinner by walking to the church's Harvest festival. Ok, maybe we worked off 1 tamales. Then home for homemade sweet potato empanadas.
 |
| Wigwam Resort, Goodyear AZ |
Day 5: Booo-hooo.... PHX to MEM
I am blessed beyond what I deserve. Thank you for the flowers, gifts, parties, cake, and all my favorite dishes. God is great and so is my family.
3 comments:
Sister, I felt like it was my birthday too with all the fun things we did. I can't wait for your next visit. Drink lots of O.J. before you come. Just in case....
I think Mari should make the Frida look her everyday look...
It was like your Spa b-day celebration. I had so much fun. And no stinkin' cold was going to ruin it.
Post a Comment