Friday, October 1, 2010

Words of wisdom

This one's for Mari... because she reminded me of my promise to blog often.  :-)

I was thinking of Miranda this morning.   She's a very intelligent, sweet girl and not the cookie cutter hoochie mama found in every California High School.  She's having a hard time with High School drama.  Then, I thought mmm what good advice can I give her.  Should I tell her, HS is just pit stop.  The best years of her life are ahead.  Should I warn her about all the mistakes she could make?  Should I share what I've learned?

Then, I was digging through my picture folders and found this one. It was taken on Mothers day I must be 7 years old here.   As with everything... things just bundle in my mind.  Wow, look how young we were. If I could tell this girl what I know now. I would say, "Stop being so shy. Why are you hiding behind your mother?  You're the prettiest one of the Cachu kids!"   haa just kidding. (maybe). 





Wouldn't it be nice to go back and have a conversation with yourself, knowing what you know now?

4 comments:

Flower Pot said...

I look like a precious little doll...I love this pic! I would tell myself dont let that mean little vero get you down. You are wanted and no your not chinese.

Party of Three said...

Flower pot. That's funny.

La Chola said...

I would tell myself to chuck a bolillo at Mari, and tell her to scram and go home to the Lee's. I would also tell myself not to eat the whole bolillo because it will haunt me later...

Party of Three said...

Chola. you're so mean.