After we moved to Ohio, PetSmart had a pet adoption and low and behold Ryan adopted him. He filled out a four page application. Weeks went by, and finally three weeks later we got him. The shelter staff personally delivered each dog to their new families in order to ensure they went to good homes. After dropping other dogs off all day.... late late in the evening my Beau finally arrived.
Wowzers... he was not what I expected. I thought he would be a puppy and although he was less than 6 weeks old he was already the size of a cocker spaniel. He was skittish... and shy. The first thing he did was pee on my carpet. Arghh... and then pooped in the office. That night he slept in his newly purchased crate. He yapped and whined all night. Oh.. things were not looking so hot for us. There's a reason God makes puppies cute. How could you not love this little face?
![]() |
| B-day cupcake |
![]() |
| Happy Birthday Beau |
He chewed through my computer cords, chewed nice dress shoes, dug holes in the backyard, ate/chewed up a coffe table, a couch and a dinning room table, bite 3 family members and a vet, has been to doggie jail for 10 days and run up bills at the Vet (we got a lemon).
But, here we are 6 years later. I think it's puppy love.


2 comments:
Even though he bit me I still love him..Happy Birthday Beau!
LOL - I think I got a Lemon. You're funny! Yeah, I remember how devastated you were when they took your baby in handcuffs...a sight no mother ever wants to see :( MINA
Post a Comment