It has been years! Many looong years since I had white sandwich bread. I had a coupon for a free loaf at Target. And you know, I can never say no to a coupon especially one for a free item.
Anyhow, I made a sandwich today. My first thought was, wow this bread is so fluffy. First bite – took me back to Elementary school, then to family pic-nics with a big o’ bucket of Colonels chicken and white bread, after that my memory took me to a road trip to Mexico with my parents. It was the kind of memory warp that feels like Wayne’s world experience.. “twiddle dee, twiddle dee…. “ ya know?
Not much has changed.. the bread still sticks to the top of your mouth.

3 comments:
I have not had white bread in years!!! I've been eating wheat bread and I'm still fat.
I was thinking the same thing. stupid wheat bread.
Ahahaaaaa. Me too! Hmmm...maybe it's the wheat that is growing in bushels in our belly....better switch back to white. MINA
Post a Comment