Saturday, October 2, 2010

Free Concert!

I went to a free concert last night.  The mall in Collierville is a bit different, kind of reminds me of Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga.  It's an open mall with nice walking areas with pretty sculptures and benches.  Anyhow, they host free events through out the week.  Last night was a 80's concert.  Oooah..Ooooah.. I knew all the words. 

I met the Steel Magnolias (aka meet up group).  The weather was perfect, it felt like Fall.

The band was good, there were tons of kids running around and showing off their best dance moves.  But best of all there was one brave and unique lady.  The concert was held in an open grassy area surrounded by benches and trees.  Most people brought along a lawn chair a picnic or cooler.  Not this lady, she  went all out.  She set up a table with a fancy lace table cloth, a candle, wine glass, full dinner complete with silverware.  She clearly stood out from the crowd. She sat alone, chair dancing to the music.    Connie, of the magnolias walked up to her and asked what she was doing.  She simply said, last time she was at the event she saw all the kids having fun and she wanted to play too.
Concert Area
Kookie Lady

It takes a lot of courage to step out from the crowd.  To be yourself.  To not care what the rest of the world thinks.  And to put yourself first.  I applaud all that.  But, still think she was looney.   :-)

4 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh I dunno....I think I would have pulled up a chair and joined her...HA!

Flower Pot said...

I think shes sweet...reminds me of me. Hi sister!

La Chola said...

Maybe she was waiting for a bus because her older sister ignored her...don't judge.

Party of Three said...

Maybe she was pretending to be homeless and she was really cold. I'm not judging.. I said she had courage. but I don't