For the past week, Ryan and I have been big ballers and living in two places. This week-end we finally moved most of our clothes and other stuff to the condo. Slowly... the condo is looking and feeling like a home. I'm hoping to find my computer this week and be able to upload pictures. I have so many!
Saturday I went to the Memphis Arts Festival with the Steel Magnolias. I had such a good time, the weather was perfect, sunny with a light breeze. The ladies are so interesting and allowed me to be a total tourist and showed me some cool sites in downtown Memphis. The arts festival has huge, there was so much to see and there must have been 8 stages with amazing jazz performers. We topped it by having a late lunch at the Harbor. These women always crack me up. Phrases heard "you should always carry a tiara in your car, just show it to the parking attendant and tell them you're with the entertainment". "I was a sweet potato queen until I was smacked in an elevator". "I'm not good with directions, but I'm an excellent driver"
 |
| Memphis Arts Festival |
 |
| This is where Dr. Martin Luther King was killed. :-( |
 |
| Barbara Blue. She was really, really good. |
 |
| Beale Street |
Had a lazy Sunday morning. It was overcast and I watched my favorite Sunday morning show on CBS. Then off to church. Moved more stuff from the apt to the condo, went to Costco and bought only what's on my list. I also went to Target and stayed clear of those darn clearance aisles. I am so proud of me.
Oh .. the countdown begins. 3 full days before I go home for a long week-end. Wooo hoo
2 comments:
I've been hiding from those clearence aisles too. Those darn little red stickers are so inviting.
and the darn 75% of section too
Post a Comment