Sunday, October 3, 2010

Banana Nut Bread

A couple of weeks ago I went to a farmers market and bought a loaf of banana bread from a local vendor.  It was dry and not very sweet.  I ended up sharing with the ducks in the pond.   I don't know why I always expect bread that is pre-packaged with someone elses label to be better.  So today, I had a couple of banana's past their pretty stage. What's a girl to do, but make some banana nut bread.  Here's my house famous recipe. 

Dry Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup diced walnuts (optional)

Wet ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) soften
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas

It's really..really easy and super moist and delicious.  You will need two bowls.  It's important - not sure why.. but trust me on this.

First bowl:  Blend butter and sugar until they are soft and blended fully.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix again.  Add banans and blend or just mash with a fork.

Second bowl:  Mix all dry ingredients.  Flour, baking powder and salt.

No more mixing.. now you will just fold the dry ingredients from bowl two, into the wet of bowl one.  Then add walnuts if you'd like.

Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.

4 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OH YUM! I was thinking of making an apple crisp but now may change my mind and do this instead....

Party of Three said...

how do you make apple crisp?

La Chola said...

On your trip back to Phoenix later this month, can you make some for your birthday and bring me couple of loafs? It is so good!!

Party of Three said...

Chola. I will hook you up.