Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Boxes

My life is consumed with boxes at the moment.
The first box was kind of fun.  Almost like Christmas, I could not wait to find out what was in it.  I was looking forward to putting the items in their place and making my rental feel like a home.  50 boxes into this... not quite feeling it.  Now, my joy comes when I finish un-packing a box and can add it to my dismantled stack.



Lessons learned:
  • Stop!  I repeat STOP, shopping the Clearance aisle at Target. 
  • It's not a deal, if it's only going to sit in a closet and get donated later.
  • I have enough Christmas cards to send to each soldier in the Army.
  • Invest money in good appliances.  I used my "girls" today and they are so quiet. love them.
  • Avoid the box titled "Nick-Nacks".  It's take too long... just throw it out or wait till Ryan gets to it.
  • Have a garage sale BEFORE the packing crew and movers arrive.
  • 600 square feet of living space, makes a HUGE difference.

No comments: