Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ice, Ice baby...

No one told me the south, or as known here the mid-south got so much weather action.  

This past Thursday we had a wintery mix of snow, rain followed by below freezing temperatures.  The perfect ingredients for ice on roads.    Friday morning.. I put on my brave face, prayed 100x's and set myself on the road.   The trees were beautiful and the brief glances I took outside my car window looked amazing.  But, I mainly kept my hands on the wheel, eyes searching high and low for black ice.  Oh, let's take a step back.  Black ice is road ice.  I've been warned by several people, it's usually found in areas that don't get much sun or bridges.  And I quote "It will kill ya"

Halleluya' made it to work with no incidents.   Until lunch.  It was one of my co-workers last days and we took her out.   I'm trying to be cool, just walking to the car and BAM.  I lost my balance and fell hard, right on my butt and slipped to the side.  I ended up with a very wet butt, soked gloves and bruised ego.   I am quite amazed no one laughed.  I would have.

Pictures have been ommited to protect the innocent

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chula next time use a pillow under yur but ja ja ja love papa ?

Party of Three said...

that is not funny. ok maybe it is.
Daddy, I don't need no pillow. I hate natural extra padding

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe no one laughed at you. I would have made you stay down until I took a picture. There is nothing funnier than a chunker taking a dive.

Party of Three said...

Vernie, I know. I would have laughed so hard too. I was laying on my side. You've never seen a chubby Mexican get up faster.

Flowerpot said...

Sister, I would have totally laughed as a matter of fact I did laugh when I read this. Hope your booty is okay. :)