Monday, April 25, 2011

Bye Bye

Hard to believe it has been 10 years since I started work at Tarjay.   At the time the company I worked for was going out of business.  And my HR manager told me about this vauge position for a group leader.   I thought, what the heck... I'll apply.

I remember thinking, I really didn't want to go for this all day interview.  Are you kidding me, all day.  I have important things to do, like watch TV, eat lunch, and sleep.  Alas, I was responsible and went.  The day consisted of 3 different interviews with 2 people per session, a series of deductive reasoning and personality test.  Followed by an informal lunch with management.   I'd never experienced anything like that.   I'm such a smart, witty, and charasmatic leader.. they just could not say no.  :-)  I got the job.

I've been so fortunate to have a long carreer with a fabulous company.  I've made great friends, grown so much and am truly grateful.

After a short stint with a different corporate pyramid, I am leaving.

I'm sad, scared yet excited and optimistic about the future.   I know, God has a plan for me.  I know he has always been in control and I need to learn to trust him.

4 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

The man leaving that company was the best thing that ever happened to my family......good luck!

Party of Three said...

I heard a rumor there is life outside of Target. :-) Just change. And with the amount of change my life has had in 6 months... this just adds to it.

Anonymous said...

Targeteer For Life.....or, until they open a Nike distribution center in PHX.

Party of Three said...

Or until Jill Scott decides she needs you as her personal assistant. lol